Well, hello. Happy 2015 I guess, as it's been a REALLY long time since I posted on here. Mainly down to procrastination and being kept busy with a load of fun work, but I keep promising I will return and make this blog the best it can be.
This summer I'm feeling equally daunted (by turning 25 next month and the good old quarter-life crisis) and excited: because I'm going to New York in a few months! I'm finally packing my bags and heading to the US for the first time.
So if nothing else this year, you should expect the tumbleweed on Slice of Sunny to be interrupted by selfies in front of the Statue of Liberty and other ridiculously touristy places.
We're going for 10 days, and staying in Brooklyn and expecting to have quite a hipster experience (or maybe that should be yuccie, as the hipster is apparently dead). Did you know that Williamsburg is now so out and ProCro - the area where Prospect Heights meets Crown Heights - is so in?! Well I don't even know that that means, but you heard it here first.
I'm looking forward to trawling through travel mags and blogs to find the best things to do in the area, but mainly I think my New York bucket list will involve a whole lot of food. I'm very happy to take recommendations so if you have any, please send them my way.
Until then, if you're wondering what I've been doing with my life so far this year here are some of the highlights:
- Spent a lot of time on boats. Like, a LOT of time on boats.
- Popped over to Paris for a couple of days to see if you can still get the best steak frites and sole meuniere there. You can.
- Spent a lot of time on the Isle of Wight. See also: boats
- Baked the best banana bread ever. Donna Hay knows what's happening.
- Completely and totally fell in love with and binge-watched Community. #sixseasonsandamovie